I am an experienced speaker, who can engage across a variety of subjects, including autism and being autistic, mental health and distress, disability, gender, sexuality and women’s sexual health. Below are a list of my most recent engagements:
- Sexual Health and Disability Alliance, March 2018. SH&DA chair Claire de Than invited me to contribute to a special meeting of SH&DA examining the experience sexuality and relationships for autistic individuals, where I spoken alongside sex therapist Tuppy Owens. The event minutes, with full details, are available here.
- NHS England, Skipton House, December 2017. I was invited by Luke O’Shea (Director of Clinical Policy and Operations to speak along side Sir Bruce Keogh and autism researcher Will Mandy to raise awarness of autism within NHS England.
- Integrated Personal Commissioning ‘IPC Residential’, November 2017. I spoke to the annual IPC gathering of teams from across England involved in implementing IPC alongside other lived experience advisors.
- Institute of Mental Health’s World Mental health Day event ‘Mad Carnival’, October 2017. I was invited to speak about mental health and give a hulahoop performance by event organiser, Dr Julie Gosling. Photos and more information is available here, in the IMH newsletter.
- South Derbyshire CCG film, October 2017. I was filmed talking about my experience of recieving a Personal Health Budget and the dramatic improvement to my mental health that resulted. The full video is available, here, on YouTube.
- Derbyshire Community Healthcare Foundation Trust Board Meeting, September 2017. I was invited by the Trust’s Director of Patient Experience to speak about my experience with the family planning clinic that the trust provides in Derby City. As a result, I also spoke to the Family Planning Team about recognising and making accommodations for autistic service users.